17.7.13

IM ACTUALLY VERY FAMOUS NOW DONT YOU KNOW

Yesterday morning I appeared on UK morning tv show This Morning. That's live TV! 
I was invited on to talk about my experience suffering from anorexia and then pregnancy and being a parent following the articles that had appeared in Closer and the various newspapers. 
I was on the sofa with psychologist Emma Kenny, she was lovely. I have to admit I had been nervous about the prospect of being sat next to a psychologist who could possibly counter anything I said. But then I think that my story and message are truthful and positive. I'm not in any way advocating my situation so in retrospect I had nothing to worry about in the slightest. 
 
I was interviewed by Ruth and Eamonn which was ridiculously intimidating. People who are so at ease and professional scare the crap out of me. I think because it's what I wan't to be and I'm just not. But again they we're lovely and put me at ease right away.
It's a short piece, I think eight minutes or there abouts. There are of course pros and cons to this. Of course the con of this is that everything needed to be condensed. But condensing a story isn't always a bad thing. I could talk forever about what I wish I had done, how I'm proud of things I have done and where I hope to go in life. I could have talked for hours about the complications and the side effects of my anorexia that I'll live with for the rest of my life. But that stuff is for another place. 
This Morning is a massive platform, it's the most watched morning TV show in the UK. They have channels that viewers can go through to share stories, reach out and receive help. 
I am so amazed that they even considered having me on there and so thankful for the opportunity.  
The psychologist for the show (who looks after the guests) has put me in contact with a charity that goes into schools to talk about eating disorders. Of everything that's been a possibility since this started this is probably the most amazing thing. To possibly have the opportunity to work with a charity that does something so important. 

Overall, start to finish this was an amazing experience. Everyone was so friendly which made it so easy to go on and talk. It didn't even really hit me that it was live until I'd finished and started to receive messages. 
I really hope this helped or can help people. Even just one person.
That's what it's about really.
This has really cemented something in me, this desire to take this (whatever this is) somewhere. 
I’ve said so many times it’s not about money or having my face anywhere but in honesty I’m not entirely sure that’s true. If I could somehow make a living sharing me experiences and being able to help people that’s exactly what I would do. 

If I could write books (as if) or have a blog that was a wide enough platform, appear on tv shows, visit schools or have a weekly column then I would do so in a flash. 
Not that I’m saying I’d be any good at it. This has just opened my eyes properly to so many different channels that I could possibly do some good. 

clip is here:
                                          
full interview is here for UK viewers (until I receive my DVD copy to upload here)

No comments:

Post a Comment