2.7.16

HAIR 101: HOW TO DO HAIR WHEN YOU DONT DO HAIR

I cannot do hair.
I grew up dancing so a bun and I was good to go and then I discovered weave and I didn't have to touch my hair at all. Both my sisters dance too so they weren't any help when it came to learning. But who cared? I didn't need to learn.
Until Isla.
When I found out I was having a girl I was so excited for a mini me decked out in skinny jeans, leather jackets and messy buns. But Isla had other plans entirely.
Isla likes princesses, ballet, Spider-Man, Dylan, tutus and princess hair. And it was Mother's Day this year when she let me know that my buns, bunches and ponies were just not cutting it anymore.

So now I'm coming at you guys with a hair post because I'm pretty damn proud of myself.
So here is my hair post for people who can't do hair.

The number one thing you need to learn is that YouTube and Pinterest are your friends.
And vodkano not really, vodka would be really unhelpful when you're trying to decipher Pinterest instructions.
The second important thing is that this takes time so snacks are super important. And iPads. And bribes.
Lastly, throw your perfectionism out of the window because at first things are going to be wonky, loose and nothing like the photos you were inspired by on Pinterest.

1. The god these Dutch braids are taking forever, I'm giving up here.


Hahaha i am not good enough to give you guys my own tutorials so here is one of my favourites:
http://pin.it/KWSmmVM

2.Yes I've learnt how to do Dutch braids, now I'm going to do fancy braids. 



3. If I add a bow to these braids I can make them even more fancy.

  

4. Oh wow making her hair into a bow is way easier than I thought, why haven't I don't this before?

 

5. The now I can do hair I want to do some fancy shit for ballet.

  

This has been an adventure and a half but as I am a horrible perfectionist with an insane obsessive streak it's become a bit of a thing.
I think Isla may even be regretting her request for princess hair because I'm trying something fancy nearly every day now and she is getting bored of the snacks and bribes I keep throwing at her. Not literally throwing of course, I'm not throwing crackers at her head, that would be terrible parenting

Honestly, go on Pinterest.
It'll change your life.
And for someone who doesn't do hair it's helped me do pretty well.  . 

No comments:

Post a Comment