18.9.14

POTTY TRAINING - AGAIN

Shortly before I dropped off the face of the earth for the summer I wrote about potty training. Honestly the phrase potty training made me want to punch myself in the face for the majority of the summer.
We reached the point pretty early on where we had no accidents at all if dylan was nappy/pants free at home. That happened within a few days and naturally I thought that it would be a simple progression to no accidents wearing pants and then finally trousers. 
I was wrong. So wrong. 
All summer we battled with pants. As soon as they went on dylan would have an accident with no exception. As soon as they were off he'd go back to being absolutely fine with both a potty and a toilet, but of course you can't leave the house naked, much less start nursery sans pants.
So we spent our summer with dylan naked below the waist as soon as we were home and continuing to wear nappies or pullups whenever we were out. 
Then, ten days before school was due to start we had a last ditch attempt of proper pant wearing. I resigned myself to accidents and carrying round endless spare changes but I put my foot down where nappies were concerned, it was pants only, no exception.
Day one there were three accidents, four trips to the toilet where he refused to go and a lot of frustration on my part. 
Day two there were no accidents, several successful toilet trips and absolute shock on my part.
Day three was much of the same. As were days four, five and six. 
In fact, since that first day there haven't been any accidents. Not even during birthday parties, days out to the beach and even nursery.
Quite out of the blue Dylan is toilet trained during the day. 
It took a while, longer than a while really as we were almost there over a year ago. But once again it happened when he was ready, as things always do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment