9.7.13

DYLAN DATES


I've been wanting to have some proper Mummy and Dylan time before Isla arrived. It dawned on that I was fast running out of time last week after I struggle to arrange a date to appear on a morning tv show. There is just no time.

I've been wanting to take Dylan to the cinema for a while now, months now. A few cinemas local to us have mother and baby screenings that I've been meaning to take Dylan to, however after actually looking into them they only seem to show short films designed for children under five. They generally last for about thirty minutes. That's not time to finish a box of popcorn.
So last week I decided I would take Dylan to the cinema. A normal cinema, a normal viewing.
Tuesday was my day of choice as Odeon cinemas do a discount on all tickets, every ticket for £5.50 (opposed to £9.20). The discount appealed to me in case out cinema experience was a bit of a disaster. 
Our local Odeon also has screenings of PG films starting from 2pm. 
The combination of the Tuesday discount tickets and the guarantee of an almost empty cinema cemented the idea. If Dylan wasn't ready for the cinema and needed to let off some steam it was unlikely that he would interrupt anyone else.
Well, that and Despicable Me 2 is finally out which was the perfect because I've wanted to see it for ages.

We picked up some popcorn and went upstairs. Dylan chose where we sat and settled in to watch the adverts. He pointed at the planes in the new Pixar advert and laughed at the monsters university ad.
As the film started he laughed a lot at the minions, in fact every time a minion was on screen he would point and laugh. 
About half way through the film we needed a bathroom break. Dylan complained about his nappy and started getting restless so we went to change him.
When we came back he decided he wanted to sit in the front row and that he HAD to hold the box of popcorn. 
I mean, when did he get so grown up? 
He sat and watched the rest of the film, sharing popcorn with me and laughing whenever a minion caught his attention.

I'm genuinely so proud of him for sitting so nicely and engaging with the film so well. And I'm also kicking myself for not taking him sooner and wondering how feasible it is for me to take Dylan and Isla to the cinema despite her being an infant.
Is that a ridiculous idea?
I hope not because today was lovely.





1 comment:

  1. Please visit my blog, i try to help youngest person to be informed about the news from all around the world http://periodistasyjovenes.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete